APPLICANTS must prepare:
• Visual Arts: 6-12 images and/or 3 media files
• Plays/Screenplays: A full manuscript (one act plays count as a full script)
• Poetry: Up to 12 poems
• Fiction: 1 short story or 2 chapters from a novel
• Non-fiction / Memoir / Journalism: 2 essays/articles or 2 chapters from a book
Please note: writers who write in a foreign language should apply with English translations of their work.
You must be able to take full credit for the creation of your work sample. No collaborations unless applying as a team!
ALL APPLICANTS must also include:
• An up to date resumé
• Email addresses of 2 professionals familiar with you and your work (your recommenders will be contacted for letters by us)
• An artist’s statement explaining your current need for a residency, as well as the details of the proposed project while in residence
Submissions are done entirely online through our Submittable page. Click the button below.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2019 AS WE ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN EXTENSIVE RENOVATIONS ON THE BARN.
PLEASE CHECK BACK CLOSER TO 2020 FOR AN UPDATE ON OUR REVAMPED APPLICATIONS PROCESS!