APPLICANTS must prepare:
• Visual Arts: 6-12 images and/or 3 media files
• Plays/Screenplays: A full manuscript (one act plays count as a full script)
• Poetry: Up to 12 poems
• Fiction: 1 short story or 2 chapters from a novel
• Non-fiction / Memoir / Journalism: 2 essays/articles or 2 chapters from a book
Please note: writers who write in a foreign language should apply with English translations of their work.
You must be able to take full credit for the creation of your work sample. No collaborations unless applying as a team!
ALL APPLICANTS must also include:
• An up to date resumé
• Email addresses of 2 professionals familiar with you and your work (your recommenders will be contacted for letters by us)
• An artist’s statement explaining your current need for a residency, as well as the details of the proposed project while in residence
Submissions are done entirely online through our Submittable page. Click the button below.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2020 AS WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF EXTENSIVE RENOVATIONS ON THE BARN.
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN THE FALL OF 2020 FOR AN UPDATE.